No products in the cart.
Anderson Lilley for Stemology Winter Wonder Candle
This holiday season, we are thrilled to once again partner with the amazing people at Anderson Lilley to offer an exclusive Anderson Lilley for Stemology Winter Wonder Candle in our Winter Wonders Gift Set. After enjoying the delicious smell of this exclusive candle, we got to thinking – Can a scent really affect your mood and wellbeing?
The resounding answer is yes! Pull up a chair, light a scented candle, and learn about the science of scent.
According to Psychology Today, smell is provocative and deeply connected to our emotional state – and it has a far greater influence on our behavior than we realize. Scent is a significant link in the mind-body connection, even being used to improve pain tolerance, act as a distraction, alter moods and deliver relaxation.
“Scents can have positive effects on mood, stress reduction, sleep enhancement, self-confidence and physical and cognitive performance,” says Theresa Molnar, executive director of the Sense of Smell Institute.
And, with practice, you can improve the effects that smells have on your mind and attitude. For example, pick a certain fragrance or distinctive odor (sweet smells work the best). Pair that aroma with a calming meditation session. Your brain will begin to associate that smell with a calming meditation. After a few sessions, the odor itself will elicit a relaxed state without you even having to meditate.
Stemology’s Winter Wonder Candle
We love the smell of our new Winter Wonder Candle…and know you will too! But why is this scent so appealing? Let’s break down its components.
- Cinnamon Stick. The scent of cinnamon can boost memory. Studies suggest that merely smelling cinnamon can improve performance in several types of memory tasks.
- Clove scent developed a reputation – now backed by science – for being stimulating. The fragrance was also believed to be an aphrodisiac.
- Anise is used to calm and sedate, while also helping to eliminate respiratory congestion.
- Black Tea is calming and relaxing, helping you slow down after a long day. Additionally it can help improve concentration and reduce stress levels.
- Vanilla is a scented powerhouse. It’s benefits can be attributed to its properties as an antioxidant, aphrodisiac, anticarcinogenic, antidepressant, sedative and relaxing substance.
But, as with everything, be aware of what is in the candle you are burning. One of the main problems with scented candles is that they can emit numerous types of potentially hazardous chemicals, such as benzene and toluene, which can cause damage to the brain, lungs and central nervous system.
To ensure your candle safety:
- Do not purchase candles made from paraffin wax. Instead look for candles made of natural ingredients such as coconut wax.
- Check the wick to make sure it is lead free. A candle with a lead-core wick releases five times the amount of lead considered hazardous for children.
- Avoid candles scented with artificial fragrances and dyes, which release additional chemicals when burned.
Anderson Lilley candles are made from a high quality coconut wax blend to give a clean, even burn with unparalleled fragrance distribution. Their wicks are lead-free cotton.
Will you be picking up one of our Winter Wonder candles? They are only available for a limited time!